Thursday, December 3, 2009

Can you mix pearl finish and semi gloss paint together?

I recently got a new room painted, and it seems to be kind of too dark. I have a extra gallon. The paint is Benjamin moore pearl finished paint. Can I mix this paint with a white semi gloss paint to make it lighter?


Or should I just buy a lighter color all together?


Thank you.Can you mix pearl finish and semi gloss paint together?
hey as long as they are both latex paint mix away!!!!Can you mix pearl finish and semi gloss paint together?
I'd say just buy a lighter shade. No telling if the 2 paints are compatable without additional data.


It is easier to make a paint darker but very tricky trying to make it lighter.
You can mix them as long as both are latexes..However as a 37 year experienced painter..let me tell you..the pearl finish of benjamin moore really sucks..it will not touch up properly if you ding the wall etc and will require painting the whole wall over again..Benjamin Moore adds a little oil based paint to thier latex paint ,which is called ';fortified';..and it is not user friendly, the coverage is poor, and clean up is rough on the tools....I stay completely away from Benjamin Moore and use Sherwin williams...I have had so many problems with benjamin Moore by them not matching the paint properly when more is needed..and the drying time as well.. I had some exterior shudders done with it that took 2 weeks to dry before I could re hang them..thier deep tone [paints especially..

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
website hosting