Monday, November 30, 2009

How do I get gloss paint off my wooden flooring?

Ive just finsihed glossing my skirting board but seem to have got paint on my wooden flooring. Any easy way I can get it off?





Help!!!How do I get gloss paint off my wooden flooring?
Yes, if it is laminate flooring, soak an old scouring sponge in some white spirit, then just lightly scrub. A brand new one can scratch your floor. Or if it is a big, make sure the paint is as thin as possible (for a spill) mop over with some white spirit, and then scrub with an old scouring pad, and some soapy water.





Make sure you mop your floor afterwards, otherwise it will become very slippy!How do I get gloss paint off my wooden flooring?
I had my bathroom painted some time ago and he got paint on my wooden door. I didn't notice it at the time so I didn't do anything about it. When I had my kitchen re-decorated, I asked the painter/decorator how I could remove it, he suggested scraping it off using my thumb nail. I did this, and it really does come off quite easily, it just takes a long time. See it as a project, half an hour each evening. It will be gone in no time. Hope this helps. (Using chemicals could damage your floor)
White spirits. But make sure you wipe any excess away.
Try a wallpaper steamer as this will soften the paint and you can lift it off with the back of a sharp knife.
IS your wooden floor varnished or bare wood.





Varnished - Stanley knife blade and VERY gently lift the edges and peel.





Bare wood - Stanley Knife blade and drag it BACKWARDS across the paint to skim the paint away or very fine sandpaper.





If only done in last day or two - white spirit may soften it enough to remove it





NEXT time use masking tape or old newspaper
  • new hair styles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    website hosting