Monday, November 30, 2009

How long does it take for high gloss oil based paint to dry?

I have painted my window frames in a high gloss white enamel paint. The paint is oil based. How long should it take to dry. I painted 12 hours ago and it is still wet to touch and very sticky.How long does it take for high gloss oil based paint to dry?
FOREVER ...lol. It'll be sticky or tacky for a couple of days;)How long does it take for high gloss oil based paint to dry?
Depends, somewhat, on the temperature and humidity level, but generally at least 24-48 hours to dry to the touch and about 30 days to completely ';cure'; or harden.





Oil-based paint takes a lot longer to dry than latex (water-based) paint, but it is much more durable in the long run and better-suited to applications such as window/door frames and baseboards, trim, etc ... places that get a lot of wear.
What does the label say? Maybe you painted over something without priming it first.


If so you will have to remove the paint,; prime then repaint.


I had a trunk I painted red without priming it and it never did dry after two weeks.


I was so disgusted I put it on my back porch to dry and it still didn*t dry.
Usually about a day,some paints take longer than others...





I would have went with latex paint though.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
website hosting