Saturday, November 28, 2009

How do you remove the gloss shine from a rifle barrel?

I have a Ruger 10/22 heavy barrel with the twist. I want to make the barrel less reflective, should I paint it or use some more permanant process?


If I paint it, what type of paint would I use? Can I use the same paint on the Hogue overmold stock?How do you remove the gloss shine from a rifle barrel?
Cover the barrel with strips of burlap.*How do you remove the gloss shine from a rifle barrel?
I'd be a little cautious about using any abrasive method to 'remove' any of the finish...could be more trouble down the road than it's worth.


For just an excellent spray paint, get a can of Dutch Boy Flat black (available @ K Mart) for about $3. This is excellent paint %26amp; sticks quite nicely to de-greased metal.
I'd buff it with some fine steel wool and kill the sheen.





If you de-grease all the metal ... krylon paint works pretty well. I have cammo painted several guns with sythetic stocks using Krylon and Windex as a cleaner...





Krylon holds up pretty well... and if it gets scuffed I just repaint them.
Extremely fine sandpaper - paint may not stick if the barrel is too glossy.
take fine steel wool with a little breakcleaner to it
use nail varnish remover n steel wool i think dat works

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
website hosting