Saturday, November 28, 2009

How to replace the gloss on my car with over the counter products?

The gloss coat on my car has been damaged and is currently flaking off slowly. Some kid last winter tossed salt on the hood of my car and several others at my apartment complex. Now a whole row of cars looks like crap. How do I get the gloss coat back on? Are there any products that will put that back on? Extreme wax? The paint is still there, and when it rains it looks like new again. I just want it to look like that all the time.





Any Ideas?How to replace the gloss on my car with over the counter products?
You could try T-Cut (at least that's what we've got in the UK), it's an abrasive polish ( or rubbing compund) which will remove the very top layer of paint. You must polish it with a good quality wax thereafter though.





However, if the paint is really flaking off as you say, then that might not be a permanent fix. It's cheap to try though, certainly cheaper than a respray.How to replace the gloss on my car with over the counter products?
What your describing is the ';clear coat paint'; peeling off. Probably a milky looking film. Only solution is a full repaint of the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
website hosting