Saturday, November 28, 2009

What type of clear gloss sealant do i use to seal Createx waterbased airbrushed paint on my guitar?

How to seal Createx waterbased airbrushed paint job on the body of my guitar? I am worried it will ruin the paint or make it


bubble up? What kind can I use %26amp; how much do i apply to seal


%26amp; protect the paintjob?What type of clear gloss sealant do i use to seal Createx waterbased airbrushed paint on my guitar?
I'd suggest clearcoat, like they use over auto airbrush, you can now get it in a spraycan for smaller jobs like yours. An online search will give you a retailer in your area.





One word of warning though, if any of the areas you are spraying the clearcoat on are varnished, do a test patch in an unconspicuous place to ensure that it will adhere, it should, but better safe than sorry. :o)





Just did a little search and found a topcoat specifically for createx.... http://www.airbrushwarehouse.com.au/shop鈥?/a>What type of clear gloss sealant do i use to seal Createx waterbased airbrushed paint on my guitar?
I've painted big fatbody gibsons to Les Pauls using enamels and oils and acrylics and each time I clear caor them in clear acylic laquer,...even using guache watercolor can be seaked with acrylic laquer.....you can use a thinned down version of spar varnish but it will dull the sound down on accoustic types the hollow bodies,......hardbody electruc types dont really makes sound from the box but rather from the pickups on the string pickups. so if you wanna use a thick clear coat on a hard body, go right ahead. I know a guy who had his old melkody maker covered in old mercury dines and he coated it with';clear coat fiberglass resin,........gotta admit, it looks pretty good...........howeverm for the best advice on giutars in thre world, call ';ray hennigs' guitars in Austin, Texas, maybe he has has the guitar genie come to his house in the night and told him something more than what I know.....really, rays's a wonderful human being

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
website hosting