Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Can you paint a wooden dresser with semi gloss paint?

I want to paint my bedroom suit. I already have some Olympic Premium kitchen and bath semi gloss white paint from a project I never got started on. I was wondering if this was the right kind of paint for the job. I don't want to paint my bedroom suit and it's start peeling or something. I want something that will stick. If this is not the right kind of paint, what would be the right kind? Thank you so much!Can you paint a wooden dresser with semi gloss paint?
There is only one difference between that paint and regular semigloss. Kitchen and bath paint is made to hold up in moist conditions. It is also more mildew resistant. This makes good arguments against using regular paint in kitchens and bathrooms but not the other way around. The paint you have can be used for almost any interior application. Don't forget primer and sandpaper.Can you paint a wooden dresser with semi gloss paint?
That is the right kind of paint. The most important thing is to prepare the surface properly. You did not say what type of finish is on the dresser now. It will probably need to be cleaned, lightly sanded to dull the existing finish, primed with a good primer like Kiltz, and then painted. Use a good quality brush to avoid brush marks in the finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
website hosting