Monday, June 21, 2010

How can I clean a brush which I used to paint with gloss paint?

How can I clean a brush which I used to paint with gloss paint (white spirit based paint)?It doesn't clean in water, why?How can I clean a brush which I used to paint with gloss paint?
because it's an oil based paint. you need turps, or white spirit.How can I clean a brush which I used to paint with gloss paint?
Spirit and water don't mix. To clean a paintbrush recently used for spirit-based paint, soak it in white spirit. Alternatively you can soak it in a proprietary paint-brush cleaner and wash that out with water. If the paint has dried - throw the brush away.
White spirit based????? Wouldn't be very good paint lol.





You need white spirit (turps) to break down the paint on the brushes and remove it.
I think petrol or paraffin will also work
Turps or white spirit. Soak the brush in it overnight and rinse in the morning. All clean!
because of the oil in the paint, you need to use white spirits to clean your brushes

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
website hosting