Monday, June 21, 2010

How can I make my gloss paint dry more quickly?

I painted the plywood floor of my shed with some left over gloss paint a couple of days ago and I think I may have put the paint on too thick. In places there seems to be a semi dry skin on top of more wet paint underneath.





What can I do to get this to dry a bit quicker?





I wondered if I could put a fan heater in the shed?





Any suggestions?





The paint was Crown One coat gloss.How can I make my gloss paint dry more quickly?
Just aim a normal fan on high towards wet paint, turn down the a/c to get more of the moisture out of the air, but not the fan heater.How can I make my gloss paint dry more quickly?
My experience has been to heat the paint until quite hot, and apply it with a radiator roller, goes on quite thin, and dries quickly.


As you have applied a one coat type paint too thickly, yes , I would use a fan heater.


Just for the record, I always heat oil-bound/ solvent paint before use.


I also heat exterior varnish before application.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
website hosting