Monday, June 21, 2010

What is the proper method for painting a door with latex semi gloss so you don't get stop and start lines.?

I am getting stop and start brush lines even though I am flicking my wrist with the brush and I just don't stop and pull the brush away, but I am still getting stop and start lines. Should I be painting from the freshly painted section to a new dry section or starting in new dry section and painting up to a painted section. I need some advice with technique. Thank you in advance for your answers.What is the proper method for painting a door with latex semi gloss so you don't get stop and start lines.?
You might want to try a foam rollerWhat is the proper method for painting a door with latex semi gloss so you don't get stop and start lines.?
i start the next brush stroke after picking up more paint just beyond the end of the last stroke. the overlap on the downstroke making sure not to flicking my wrist. when i am at the end of a stroke with the brush i pull my hand and brush away from the surface without stopping the stroke or flicking my wrist. the start lines are most likely because you are placing the brush on the surface for your upstroke then not completely overlapping the start line on the downstroke. the stop line isnt really important because it will be fixed with the next stroke.
We bought a really cheap paint sprayer and did it that way. When you spray the paint on the door it looks sort of ';bumpy'; but the bumps fade into the paint once it dries. It actually works really well other than the fact that you have to spray the doors outside becuase the paint travels.
You can roll it if the door is a flat one OR you can spray it. Both will do just fine. It WILL eliminate your problem.
  • downloads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    website hosting