Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How can I minimise the paint fumes in a fairly small room. It's gloss paint?

I've got the windows open and the door, but the smell is making me feel ill. I've got to get it finished, help please.How can I minimise the paint fumes in a fairly small room. It's gloss paint?
well i hear if you cut open a few onions and let them sit this will help not sure which smell is worse though lolHow can I minimise the paint fumes in a fairly small room. It's gloss paint?
Believe it or not, if you go to the supermarket and buy some vanilla essence, add 3 teaspoons to each litre of paint (you can add a little more if needed), stir well and there will be no smell. I used to work in a wallpaper shop and we sold small bubble like capsules of what was called paint deodoriser, it was simply vanilla essence. The onion trick helps with the already painted surfaces, but you really will have no smell if you add vanilla essence to the paint and it doesn't affect the paint.
Open all windows and doors and if possible run an electric fan so that air is constantly circulating. If you cannot do this, then I suggest you paint a small section at a time, a door, a window frame etc then leave it to dry.





Time consuming I know but better for your health.
I've used the onion trick, and it does help.Also, try soaking an old tea towel in water and vinegar, wring it out, and hang it up near an open window.
the problem with opening all the windows at this time of year is that you will probably have flies of all descriptions stuck in your nice fresh paintwork - the onion trick works as described by the answerers above





~x~
Probably not of much help as you already have your paint but you should be able to buy low odour gloss trim paint now.
Burn candles, but remember don't leave them unattended.
Toast bread until it burns. The resulting carbon kills the smell
onions cut in quarters aborbs the smell

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
website hosting